Sunday, November 28, 2010

Rock Bottom

Rock bottom has been a long time coming, and now it is here. I literally cannot get out of bed, even to get up to eat and I am a notorious glutton. Livestock at petting zooks literally used to cringe and draw back when I approached them because of all the ghosts of past eaten steaks and chicken strips that followed me around. My body is banging, but my cat does not seem to appreciate the hipbones that disturb our cuddle sessions and actually swatted and hissed at them this morning. Fear not though citizens, my favor was soon restored with a lengthy ear scratch and exciting session of "catch that ribbon" (spoiler alert: she caught it).

I'll be ok though. I made the first step towards getting help by visiting a walk in clinic and terrifying an Asian doctor who wrote me a prescription for an SSRI and fled the room ASAP. Poor thing. And I will keep going from here because the only way to go is up. And now to take some fine african valium and attempt a nap before night shift.

No comments:

Post a Comment